Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pray About It

Welcome to an election year. For many of you this will be the first time that you have voted in a major presidential election, and let me say, it will be a very enlightening experience.

This year has already seen its fair share of controversy surrounding the election. From One candidate's alleged marital discretions to another's religious beliefs, it has been crazy to say the least.

But as I sit and watch endless hours of news…(by the way I am a CNN/FOX NEWS/MSNBC/C-SPAN addict) it has become more apparent to me that we are more obsessed with digging up dirt on people than digging up the truth. If we were to spend that much time praying for our leaders, present and future, think of how different things might be, because the power of prayer is an amazing thing.

I will admit I have been sucked in at times by the videos shown on the news and have even spent time on youtube watching highlighted video of preachers and political leaders saying things and then having “experts” analyze what is said. It is tough to get away from when it is all that you see. So I decided to do what any one should do…crack open the bible, and without fail I found the book I needed to find. The 13th chapter of Romans starts off pretty clear. It says in verse 1: “Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except form God, and those which exist are established by God.”

Gods hand is already in this election. I believe that. I am by no means telling you how to vote at all. It is not my place to do so. But what I am saying is between now and November of this year be informed and PRAY! Pray for our current president and his staff as well as the future president…whoever it may be. Because according to God’s word it will be the man…or woman HE establishes.


A PROUD AMERICAN
Rob Kelly

No comments: