Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A ROCK AND AN ACOUSTIC PLACE

I love a good rock show. No question. I have seen a lot of them in my day. Everything from Stryper and Whitecross and Holy Soldier (old school I know but that’s how I roll) to the bands of today like Disciple, Sanctus Real, This Beautiful Republic and my personal favorites Family Force 5. I like to leave a concert and feel like I have been in the presence of the lord and at the same time feel like I was just smacked square in the temple with a Louisville Slugger. Call me crazy but I LOVE a rock show. But last night I got a show I was not expecting.

Let me start by saying that I have seen Kutless numerous times and these guys can put on a rock show. High energy and yet they also convey Christ to the crowd as well. But last night I was pleasantly shocked. When I first heard that Kutless was coming I was like “cool Kutless is coming back to town….should be a good show”. Then I heard that they were doing an acoustic set and thought…” well…that’s cool….it may not rock but o.k.” Now, in case you totally skipped the first paragraph of this blog, I should reiterate that I LOVE A ROCK SHOW!!!!! Acoustic shows have never really been my thing. They are nice don’t get me wrong but I just am not a huge fan. Well, as usual….I was wrong….AGAIN!

This was one of the BEST shows I have been to in a long time. Maybe I am getting older or whatever but I was so incredibly impressed with that band last night that at one point near the end of the show when John-Micah sang “Take Me In” and told the story of the young girl that they had befriended that had later passed away form cancer….I was moved to tears. This young girl was so terrified before her death that her mother began singing this song to her….then she joined in…and John said her last words on earth were “take me into your holy of holys” I lost it. The stories behind some of the best “rock” songs were told last night in Ottawa Lake Michigan to a crowd of people there to see an acoustic show and 1 guy who was there to see a rock show and left with something he will never forget. A new found respect for and acoustic guitar and the stories behind some of the song of Kutless.

Keep Rockin’
Rob Kelly

p.s.
Chris Taylor and Esterlyn opened up for Kutless and These bands were INCREDIBLE as well!

No comments: