Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ashley's Top Albums of 2008

Here are my favorite albums of 2008.

1) "The End Is Not The End" by House Of Heroes. If you like rock, acoustic, or original music at all, CHECK IT OUT. Seriously. People I know who don't like Christian music, LOVE House Of Heroes. They are amazing, and from Columbus!

2) "Word Of Mouth" by John Reuben. I don't care that it came out in 2007, I got it for my birthday in February so it was one of my most listened to albums this year. Again, originality.

3) "Perceptions" by This Beautiful Republic. Am I biased because I know them? I hope not, because this CD surpasses the last one, which was great.

4) "Make Some Noise" by Krystal Meyers. Not as punk/rock as her older stuff, more pop. Yes, Miley Cyris-ish. But Krystal is like the Britney Spears of Japan, so of course her music is going to have that pop influence. Still, great.

5) "Til We See The Shore" by Seabird. Who knew piano rock could cut to the core like that? It's awesome.

6) "White Lights EP" by Deas Vail. Again, piano rock, only this dude's voice is down and up and up higher than even MINE can go, and it's definitely the kind that makes you ponder life.

7) "The Ringing Bell" by Derek Webb. His music is ALWAYS original and always makes you think. Some songs are mellow, others have an oldies rock sound, love it.

8) "There Came A Lion" by Ivoryline. Reminds me of TBR, maybe that's why I like it? Definitely the kind of rock music you can sing at the top of your lungs to.

9) "The Bird And The Bee Sides / The Nashville Tennis EP" by Relient K. 13 new tracks written by all members of the band, 13 b-sides (hence the title). Always original. Will the next song be country? Will Matt Thiessen be singing? Will bumble bees be talking to each other? You never know. Also clever as usual.

10) "Under The Summer Sun" by Matt Wertz. Smooth voice, has some love songs, some faith songs, it's a feel-good CD all around.

So there you have it, the top 10 albums of the year in my opinion. What are yours? Feel free to comment below

Love, Mt. Dew, and Skizees,
Ashley Alcock <><

No comments: