Monday, October 13, 2008

Hail To the Victory!!!!

Ok so this past weekend I did one of my favorite things in the world ever. I TALIGATED!!!!!!

It was a perfect weekend surrounded by close friends and family eating hot wings, chili and brats at 8:30 in the morning….it is why football was invented…I truly believe that. I was at the golf course in Ann Arbor ( if you are a Michigan fan you know where I am talking about,) and we were getting ready for what was SUPPOSED to be an easy win for the Wolverines.

Saturday was a bittersweet day for me as I am a Michigan fan but a former Mascot for the University of Toledo. Yes I was Rocky the Rocket. Don’t laugh it was a blast, and I got a scholarship for running around as a costumed rocket….thats right…free tuition and books for acting like an idiot….I was MADE to be a mascot.

Anyway, I went to Ann Arbor like most peeps from Toledo hopeful that the rockets could pull one off but doubtful due to the fact that Michigan is THE winningest team in all of college football and in 24 games has NEVER lost to a school from the MAC. Well, there is a first time for everything.

Toledo went out and took care of business. It was close but they got it done. They drew on eachother's strengths and overcame some incredible odds to beat the seemingly (at the time) unbeatable. Sound like anyone you may have read about? A guy with a rock and a sling perhaps? Just a thought I wanted to share and to remind all of the Buckeye fans that the Rockets have you in their sights. Next year…Cleveland…..do not underestimate this David…..or YOU just might catch a rock to the forhead.

Rockin the Rockets!!
Rob Kelly

No comments: